It’s hard to escape pumpkins at this time of year. The ubiquitous gourds are everywhere. Once merely the star of pumpkin pie, this sweet orange delight can be enjoyed in variety of sweet or savory presentations. Bon appétit!
- In a tasty soup. Pumpkin lends itself so well to warm, creamy soups. (And heartier fare like chili, too.)
- In baked goods. Still have lots of pumpkin puree? Turn it into pie, cake, cookies or bread.
- Stuffed and baked. It’s remarkably easy. Stuff the hollowed-out cavity of the pumpkin with bread, roasted garlic, spices, and a little cream. Then put the lid back on and roast it.
- In pasta. Lasagna, ravioli, you name it. You won’t miss the meat in a roast pumpkin & spinach lasagna, or pumpkin ravioli.
- As brunch. Fat, fluffy pumpkin pancakes are a fabulously indulgent brunch treat, and a great way to start off your weekend.
- Don’t forget the seeds! Pumpkin seeds make a great snack. To get maximum flavor, simmer them in salt water Then roast them with spices for a toasty fall snack.
Happy Fall from David James Homes!