Every family has its traditions for the holidays – taking the annual photo of “the kids”, decorating the house, traditional Christmas Eve dinners, eating Chinese food and going to the movies on Christmas Day.
We wandered through the internet and asked around, and came up with even more holiday traditions. Maybe you can add one or two of these to your family’s holiday celebrations in your new David James home!
1. Sitting by the fire, sipping hot cocoa and telling stories from years past
2. Making cookies / latkes / gingerbread from secret family recipe book
3. Choosing a new tree ornament or decoration every year
4. Lighting the menorah together
5. Hosting a holiday open house
6. Reading a favorite holiday story together
7. Video chatting with relatives who are far away for the holidays
8. Staying in your PJs all day on Christmas
9. Letting the youngest (or oldest) member of the family open presents first
10. Watching favorite holiday movies snuggled together on the couch
11. Lighting luminaria
12. Hiding one present for each child